Sunday, October 21, 2012

WOW. Things have been crazy.

I have been thinking for a long time that I need to be a better blogger... for a number of reasons.  1) great way to update family and friends 2) it's like a running journal and one day I think it will be invaluable to look back at my life in this format and 3) who doesn't love looking at pictures of my cute kids?!  Right.  So today I finally logged in to see the last post and it almost made me cry.  Looking at Ethan so little, remembering the mini-celebration we had over his first "roll-over" and thinking how far we have come since then!  So I could write pages filling in the blanks but I have always been a fan of the clean slate!  So here's what's new....

Ella: This girl amazes me more and more everyday.  She is getting smarter, prettier and funnier by the day.  She has the most competitive spirit which at times I feel so blessed for - it makes her challenge herself and really push to be the best at... well... everything!  But at the same time as you can imagine, it is a struggle because she has her Daddy's love for debating on... well.... everything!  We just recently enrolled Ella in dance using all of the money she got for her birthday from our amazing Canadian family.  She LOVES it.  And I love it because it ensures she behaves in order to keep the priviledge of going.  THANK YOU CANADIANS!

Ethan:  Oh Ethan.  It seems sometimes this poor kid can't catch a break.  He is the sweetest little guy in the world but has lately been having a rough time.  He was just diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea which explains why the poor kid doesn't sleep well, wakes up tired and cranky, is constantly getting sick, and most importantly why nobody wants to sit next to him and watch TV (loud breather is putting it lightly).  We feel very fortunate though in that we have been paired with a great doctor who will be doing his adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, bronchioscopy and laryngoscopy.  If you think that's a mouthful then you should see Ethan's tonsils (clever I know!!).  So as nervous as we are for Tuesday and seeing him go into a surgery (although very minor) and dealing with a toddler in pain - we are excited for a healthy happy well-rested toddler.  Although scared out of our minds about what more energy might mean for his fearless spirit!  This kid jumps head first off just about anything! 

Roslyn:  If you know me, then you know Roslyn was a SUPRISE.  And I used to roll my eyes when people would tell me - it's not a suprise, it's a miracle.  Not a fan of the cheezy phrases.  But I couldn't agree more these days.  I look back at the craziness of our lives the past 12 months and I don't know how we would have stayed centered on what's important in life if it wasn't for her sweet little presence.  She gives me calm when I am stressed, confidence when I feel insecure and energy to keep going when I feel like life is draining me.  I love that little gal and she luckily expresses her love back to me by being a good eater and sleeper and for happily playing in her bouncy chair... a lot. 

Michelle:  Not mama Michelle but Canadian cousin Michelle.  If you have been around us recently you know Michelle has made her way to our home in Arizona to care for our crazy bunch of three while Cam and I are at work.  It has been great having her around - not only to the kids love her to pieces but I enjoy having someone to craft with, shop with and drink wine with!  We will definitely miss her come January!

So that's the update for now.  More to come after the surgery with lots of pictures and updates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment